"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
another red thread
I found out last night that my single friend, Laurie, also using Harrah's, will probably travel at the same time for her SNs daughter, Claire! Claire is in Hunan Province, so our trip will overlap at the end, and our CA and medical appt should be on the same days! Laurie and I met online on APC when I was exploring adoption as a single; she was finishing her dossier to adopt her DD Olivia. She's in Nebraska--I'm in Maine. We kept in touch thru bringing Olivia and Elizabeth home, and now talk on the phone at least once a week. Livvie and Laurie even flew out to stay with us for a week last year. When I found out in the summer of 06 that Harrah's had singles openings, I applied and was accepted, as did Laurie. We were LID together in Dec 06. We were so excited that our next DDs would come from the same orphanage and that we would travel together to bring them home. Things didn't quite work out as planned...we both found our second children on the SNs shared list within a week or so of one another! And, we've ended up traveling to China together to bring our children home!
No comments:
Post a Comment