Sunday, January 4, 2009

one word: giardia

Jack's stool samples tested positive for the presence of giardia, a microscopic parasite that lives in the intestines and is passed in feces. One of the symptons is diarrhea, which he has had ever since he was placed in my arms. The doctor called yesterday. Thankfully, it is treatable with prescription medication, which I'll pick up at the pharmacy today. I am so glad that I listened to the advice of another mother with a child from Jack's orphanage and didn't bathe Elizabeth and Jack together until he was tested for parasites.

3 comments:

Gretchen & Craig said...

Poor little man! We're waiting the results of Isaac's giardia tests. We were late getting the testing done, poor planning on Mommy's part to tell the truth. I hope that the medication works and that his system gets to normal soon. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Your kids are too adorable. My brother had Giardia and it went away after my Mom gave him that strong medicine.

They are cute!

Kennedy, 13 yrs old-adopted from China
http://yangzhoufundraising.blogspot.com/

Lisa and Tate said...

Wow... I would not of thought of not sharing the bath. Very smart momma! Soon the meds will work and the diarrhea will stop....got to love that!