I drove up to my parents' house on Friday night with the dog. As I got close to their house, I saw a moose, then a mama moose and her baby, and then another mama moose and her baby. I never tire of seeing them. When I got in, Jack and Elizabeth were sound asleep but woke up when I came in the bedroom just enough to smile at me and to say hello before falling fast asleep again. We spent most of the weekend outside on the beach and in the water--well, except for Sunday, which was cold and rainy and just plain miserable to be outside. One of the other things that we did was to go into town for ice cream at the Pine Tree Frosty. I've discovered that Jack just looooooovvvvvvvves orange sherbert (which just so happened to be my favorite ice cream when I was his age. He loves to hear Nanny say that). While we were there, the kids fed the ducks in the pond behind the ice cream place, and on the way home, we stopped to play on the school playground (another favorite thing to do).
Oh, my goodness, it was so, so good to see Jack and Elizabeth--I think they grew several inches in just one week. All weekend long, Jack kept saying, Mommy, I love you very very much! and, Mommy, I missed you very very much! He's such a sweet little boy! Elizabeth and I had a lot of fun playing Chinese checkers--she's really good. And apparently she and Papa have been playing a lot of Scrabble since she's been there, too (Papa only helps a little bit). She's not even in 2nd grade--I think that's amazing. I'm so proud of her!
Because it rained on Sunday, the fireworks display in Rangeley was postponed from Sunday night to last night. Instead of driving home with the dog after dinner last night as originally planned, I drove home right after the fireworks ended at 10 pm (I'd left the dog in the car while we watched the fireworks; I was really nervous that he would be so upset by the fireworks that he'd tear up the interior of the car or break a window and jump out, but he was a perfect angel!) and got home after midnight.
I sure do miss my little bugs...
1 comment:
OMG !!! Debbie they are getting sooooo BIG!!! Mickey Mouse Laurie
Post a Comment