
I was in the kitchen this evening, doing the dishes, when Elizabeth came in and told me that she'd put something in her nose. It turned out to be a little nut that had fallen off her doll's high chair. I tried to get her to snort it out and to blow it out--no such luck. I tried to pull it out with tweezers but was scared that I would push it farther into her nose, so...Elizabeth, Jack, and I went to Brighton First Care at 7 p.m. Elizabeth's biggest fear was that she would get a shot (remember, she got two shots last week at the pediatrician's). She was very subdued--not her normal self. The doctor was wonderful--he told her, No shots!, and that it would probably tickle when he was pulling it out of her nose. He asked her to stay very still and to "use her words" if it hurt at all. She was very quiet and as still as a statue as he used his tweezers to pull it out. As soon as he'd done so, she gave an
enormous sigh of relief and then giggled. She was allowed to choose a small present on the way out. When I asked her why she put it in her nose, she said, I wanted to look like D------. (D------ has a pierced nose). I spent the next few minutes telling her to never
ever put things in her nose or her ears. I think she learned her lesson. And, we STILL haven't made the gingerbread house...maybe tomorrow...
1 comment:
oh no! glad it came out smoothly.
Post a Comment