Saturday, December 6, 2008

two is different than one




I feel like I've done so much this week! We went to the pediatrician on Thursday. Both children received shots: two for Elizabeth and four for Jack. They both cried all the way out to the minivan. Jack then fell asleep, and Elizabeth only stopped crying when I said we would go to lunch at one of her favorite Chinese restaurants. Elizabeth is very healthy: she weighs 39.8 lbs and is 41 3/4 inches tall. Jack weighs 21 lbs 4 oz and is 31 3/4 inches tall. As for percentiles, the nurse neglected to write those down. I'll look them up later. Jack will see a bunch of specialists in the next few weeks: the pediatric cardiologist for his heart; the surgeon for his circumcision; and others for his mouth and nose issues...I'm still putting up the decorations for Christmas. I actually bought an artificial tree this week, something that I said I'd never do, but it makes sense for now. I just can't lug a beautiful fresh tree into the house by myself anymore. Plus, cleaning up the dropped needles is a constant task that I don't have the time or patience to do right now. Two dogs and two children is my limit, I'm finding. Next week, I will get his social security card. I still have to write thank you notes for Elizabeth's birthday and for the baby shower that my great friend, LeaAnne, held for me at her house last Sunday. (It was a 'surprise.' She invited Jack and Elizabeth over to play with John and Allie and then told me that this was not a playdate that I could cancel!) Jack (and Elizabeth) received some wonderful gifts. I am very blessed! And, today I tried to take some pictures of Elizabeth and Jack for our Christmas card. Some came out rather well, others not so much. Here are a few...We will go to the Maine Mall today to buy their Christmas outfits, and I will schedule an appointment for their "photo shoot" at Picture People (hopefully this week).

3 comments:

kirsten said...

They are just too cute for words.

Congrats!!!
Kirsten

Lisa and Tate said...

What cute pictures of the kiddos! The two look like they really like each other.

Gretchen & Craig said...

They look so cute together! I have got to take a Christmas picture of Isaac this weekend so that I have a nice one. I love the outfits!

Gretchen