
Yesterday, my parents, Jack, Elizabeth and I went to Boston for the day. On the way, we stopped in Woburn to buy Elizabeth's
SCHOOL UNIFORMS! Yes, Elizabeth will start kindergarten on September 2nd! This, despite missing the age cut-off (in Maine, a child must be five years old before October 15th in order to begin kindergarten). She turns five just eleven days later. When I contacted the local elementary school to ask for a waiver, I was denied. I know that she just couldn't do another year of pre-school--she has been "helping" Miss Kelly with the younger children this year because she is so advanced. I received a much better response from a private school located across the street from where I work. Elizabeth and I visited the school last Friday and met with the principal and with her new teacher. We also saw her classroom and the library and even played on the playground before we left! I learned that she will be one of only ten children in the kindergarten class--perfect! And, her teacher even has a teacher's aide...I am
so pleased! She's quite excited, as well! So, after trying on her new school uniforms (she is too adorable--just wait until I post the pictures!) and spending an exorbitant sum of money at that store, we drove to the Franklin Park Zoo. We had a wonderful time! but was it ever HOT! I think it was in the mid 90s--finally, some hot summer weather here in New England! We had one pretty scary moment: Mom, Dad and I became absorbed in looking at the map to decide where to begin. When we looked up only moments later, we did not see Jack anywhere! My heart stopped. I now understand the concept of leashes for children...He'd run ahead to see the zebras, which were grazing close to the fence. I sprinted after him, which he thought was incredibly funny (I must've looked pretty funny, I admit) because he laughed and ran a little faster, until I finally caught him. Elizabeth's favorite animal at the zoo? The mama giraffe and her new baby--three weeks old and already 6'4" tall! An altogether great day!
1 comment:
Your Elizabeth makes me smile every time I see her pictures. Glad you found a school for her.
Post a Comment