Sunday, December 20, 2009

Miss Kelly's daycare Christmas party

What a sweetheart my son is! Everyone gathered 'round Santa in a big circle to receive presents. Before they could be handed out, Jack hopped off my lap, walked up to Santa, and gave him a big high-five (which elicited many "awwww"s from the grown-ups). He walked back to me and climbed up into my lap. As we waited, I whispered into his ear, "Look at all of the presents!" At that, he again slid off my lap, walked over to the tree, grabbed one of the presents, turned and handed it to Santa, and then walked back to me. He really wanted Santa to get a present, too.
He's really "into" Christmas this year--I love how he says Santa's name and that he excitedly says the words "Christmas tree!" whenever he sees an actual Christmas tree or Chistmas light display. Best of all, when he sees snow, he says, "Snowman--cold!" with a great big smile and an exaggerated little shiver. He's talking so much now (two- and three-word sentences), and he understands EVERYTHING. I can't believe how much he's changed and grown in just one year.

1 comment:

Gretchen & Craig said...

How precious!!! It is amazing how love can allow our children to blossom! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your miracle kids!