"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
more snow!
It started snowing Sunday night, and when it finally stopped, we had over a foot of new snow on the ground. Elizabeth went plowing in the morning with Dennis--a first for her--and had a blast. I'm sure she talked his ear off. They even helped a neighbor whose minivan slid off the road into a gully in front of our house pull it back onto the road. This afternoon, two girls in our neighborhood stopped over while we were outside playing in the snow, asking if they could walk Duncan. Although I was a bit concerned that he might be too strong for them, I said yes. Elizabeth went, too--excited to go on a walk with "the big girls" (they're 10 and 12 years old). When she and Duncan got home, both were completely exhausted. Duncan ate his dinner and then collapsed--he could barely keep his eyes open. Elizabeth fell asleep before 8 pm--that hardly ever happens! Other highlights of our day? Two games of Old Maid, and one game each of Chutes and Ladders and Hi Ho Cherrio. One thing I noticed for the first time today: Elizabeth now cheats at games--there's really no other word for it. For instance, she shuffled the cards when we played Old Maid, and I distinctly saw her put the Old Maid at the top of the deck in order to deal it to me. This is a new development--very funny to see how a five year old's mind works. I'll let it go for now. There's plenty of time for her to learn that it's fun to play games, even if you don't always win. The highlight of my day? a nice nap in the middle of the afternoon. As for Jack? He absolutely loved sliding in the driveway with me (why is it children don't feel the cold?) and (of course) watched Alex (Madagascar) a gazillion times. He loves the music and dances around and screams, "Move it!" at the top of his lungs when the credits roll. We also watched the movie, Up, several times this weekend. I must say that I laugh and cry every time. Great movie. And three things that I have to write about before I forget: Jack is adamant that penguins are actually called snowmen and won't accept it when I tell him otherwise. He loves to wear my glasses--he puts them on (often upside down), puts up his thumb, and says, "Cool, dude!" And he now asks me, Mama happy? several times a day. Of course, I always tell him yes!So sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment