"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
it's that time of the year
You know--parent-teacher conference time. I met with Elizabeth's teacher, Mrs. Cory, yesterday afternoon for a half hour. It was interesting to hear Mrs. Cory's observations. We both agree that Elizabeth can be a bit overly dramatic and that she is rather strong-willed. I learned that she participates in class and raises her hand sometimes but not every time (thank goodness! remember those kids who raised their hand all-the-time?). We also agreed that she's a bit of a perfectionist--Mrs. Cory says she will come to her to ask not how to do something but rather is she doing it correctly. I was very surprised to learn that my child--yes, my child--talks in class! Apparently, she and the little girl she sits next to just chatter away while Mrs. Cory's back is turned, and Mrs. Cory has had to speak to them several times for talking instead of listening. (I really never imagined that Elizabeth would do something like that in class). I got to read Elizabeth's most recent writing assignment called something like, When I Lost my Tooth. It was very sweet--there were misspellings galore, of course (for instance, she wrote "wr" instead of "were") but it was full of details that I'd not heard before, and illustrated, too. All in all, she's doing well in math, reading, and writing, and making new friends, and both Mrs. Cory and Mrs. O'Rourke (her math teacher) have only positive things to say about her. Yeah! I am so proud of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment