check out Jack's expression in this picture (he is NOT enjoying himself):

Mommy and Elizabeth, age 3 (Halloween, 2007):

Lots to write about! Well, it’s official: Jack is no longer a baby. He now has a booster seat—oh, my goodness! He looks so small in it, though I know he’ll grow into it in no time at all. Yesterday, he said that he couldn’t see out the window, so it’ll take some getting used to, but I know he’s going to like the cup holders :) My Saturday was a bit less stressful than usual: Nanny and Papa took Jack for the day while I took Elizabeth to dance and gymnastics. We had fast-food Chinese for lunch and also did a little shopping as well. (It’s truly amazing what you can accomplish with only one child in tow rather than two). In addition to Jack’s new booster seat, I bought Elizabeth’s and Jack’s Christmas outfits—I can’t believe I’m thinking of Christmas already. Yesterday, Papa helped us carve our pumpkins. We tried something new this year—we used printed stencils to make the faces on the pumpkins—and were pleased with the result. Elizabeth chose to make a cat, and I made a smiling pumpkin for Jack. Like last year, he lost interest soon after we started. He particularly disliked scooping out the pumpkin—not your typical boy, my Jack. We then went trick-or-treating, and, WOW, was it ever COLD! Forty degrees with a blustery wind—we lasted about 45 minutes before we’d had enough. Jack cried quite a bit (he was cold; he’d had no nap; and he saw a couple of scary (grown-up) witches that frightened him) and wanted to be carried much of the way. We ended up taking his Lightening McQueen costume off because we couldn’t pick him up easily while he was wearing it. Elizabeth had a great time trick-or-treating, I think, although she was uncharacteristically quiet and shy. We also stopped off at our friend, Julie’s, house while we were out, and while we were there she pulled out a photo of Elizabeth taken on Halloween three years ago. Elizabeth was absolutely adorable (of course!), and so little! I can’t believe how much she’s changed since then.
No comments:
Post a Comment