"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Elizabeth finally lost another tooth!
For the past few months, Elizabeth has had a very wiggly front tooth that stubbornly refused to fall out. The adult tooth even came in behind it and pushed it so that it stuck straight out from the rest of her teeth. I tried everything to get her to pull it out herself or to let me do it, to no avail. She was so scared that it was going to hurt. This afternoon, she and Jack went outside to play in the snow. About fifteen minutes after they went out, Elizabeth came inside in a bit of a panic, asking me if her tooth had fallen out. She said she'd fallen and bumped her tooth. When she opened her mouth, all I saw was blood. I initially thought that she'd swallowed it, but then I saw through all the blood that the tooth was still there but now was bent at a weird angle. Elizabeth said, Just pull it out, Mom. I asked, Are you sure? She nodded yes, so I tugged a bit and--woo hoo--out it FINALLY came! I think the Tooth Fairy will come to our house tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment