While shopping last week, we stopped at W*lmart to look for Valentine's Day cards for the kids to take to school and to daycare. As Elizabeth and I looked at the card choices, Jack wandered off a bit to do a little shopping on his own. He came back carrying two plastic long-stemmed red roses and handed them to me, saying, Happy Valentine's Day, Mommy! My heart just melted! What a little sweetheart! Two little old ladies standing nearby saw what he did and said in unison, Awwwww!
On Valentine's Day, I gave both Jack and Elizabeth chocolate in heart-shaped boxes and stuffed animals, too--Elizabeth got a white dog with pink ears, and Jack got a blue dog covered with polka-dots--or, as he calls them, "poke-a nuts"!
Elizabeth brought a shoebox to school on Valentine's Day that she'd decorated last week to hold all of her Valentine's Day cards. Instead of picking up after she'd finished decorating her shoebox, I'd left all of the extra stickers and glitter glue on the dining room table, and there everything stayed for a week. While filling out Jack's Valentine's Day cards at the dining room table on Sunday evening, I really didn't pay too much attention to what Jack was doing. When I finally did look over, it was to see him peeling and sticking heart stickers to the side of the bowl that I'd used to hold the stickers Elizabeth used on her shoebox. He even found time to add some silver glitter glue to the edge of the bowl. I couldn't get angry--he was so proud of himself--and it did look pretty, to be perfectly honest.
1 comment:
Awww...that story about sweet little Jack just melts my heart.
Post a Comment