Elizabeth's Brownie troop participated in a cookie rally at the local roller-skating rink to kick off the Girl Scouts' cookie sale. I left with Jack soon after we arrived and returned about an hour and a half later to pick her up. I did not tell her I was leaving, and she apparently dissolved into tears when she couldn't find me She didn't have a very good time...To make it up to her, we went out to lunch and then returned to the rink to skate some more. She's much more confident skating now than before and felt comfortable going out onto the rink by herself this time. She also was such a good big sister to her little brother--she held his hand and encouraged him as he tried roller-skating for the very first time. He had a blast! When he did fall, he got right back up on his feet and started skating again. I think we'll do this again...
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Saturday, January 7, 2012
roller-skating today
Elizabeth's Brownie troop participated in a cookie rally at the local roller-skating rink to kick off the Girl Scouts' cookie sale. I left with Jack soon after we arrived and returned about an hour and a half later to pick her up. I did not tell her I was leaving, and she apparently dissolved into tears when she couldn't find me She didn't have a very good time...To make it up to her, we went out to lunch and then returned to the rink to skate some more. She's much more confident skating now than before and felt comfortable going out onto the rink by herself this time. She also was such a good big sister to her little brother--she held his hand and encouraged him as he tried roller-skating for the very first time. He had a blast! When he did fall, he got right back up on his feet and started skating again. I think we'll do this again...
No comments:
Post a Comment