Friday, January 13, 2012

they make me laugh every day

Jack calls one of our favorite restaurants, "Bugaboo Creep," not "Bugaboo Creek."  He also calls one of the characters in the Cars 2 movie, "Francesco Baloney," not "Francesco Bernoulli."  And he loves to say, "I'm sitta," which means, "I'm Santa".  Just because. 

Papa, Elizabeth, Jack, and I went outside on Christmas Eve night in order to leave reindeer food out for Santa's reindeer.  Jack made me laugh out loud when he reached into his baggie, grabbed a big handful of reindeer food, and then threw it down on the ground, while shouting, "Diagon Alley!"  Floo powder, anyone?  He's only 4 1/2 but he LOVES all things Harry Potter.  He's watched all of the movies and loves to cast spells like stupefy, expecto patronum ("conspecto contronum"), expelliarmus, obliviate, occulus reparo, wingardium leviosa, lumos, and my all-time favorite, "eat slugs!"  Oh, I can't forget the one that Jack made up:  suh-powess!  I have no idea what that spell's supposed to do.

And, he and Elizabeth both enjoy watching Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote (or, as Jack calls him, "the wolf"), Tom and Jerry, and Bugs Bunny cartoons.  They think it's so funny when I tell them that I used to watch the same cartoons on Saturday mornings when I was little.

No comments: