Saturday, September 22, 2012

busybusybusy!

So, what have we been up to in the past few weeks?  Well, on Saturday morning, September 8, Elizabeth and I watched as Jack had his first football practice.  He learned the correct way to carry the football, how to block, and how to catch a pass (he still needs a little work on that last one).  He does NOT like to wear the mouth guard...To help him practice, we bought a standard-size football this week at the store.  He seems to like football a lot, which makes me very happy.  Elizabeth and I both noticed that he is the smallest child on the field by far, but it didn’t seem to bother him in the slightest!  That's my boy!  Later that same morning, Jack and I watched Elizabeth cheer at the first pee wee football game of the season.  (Cheering practice began before school started).  And, Elizabeth got her first pair of in-line skates and couldn't wait to try them out.









 









We went apple-picking the next day--we ate apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream (so yummy!) and even rode in a horse-drawn wagon while we were there.  I'm drowning in apples--do you realize how many apples two enthusiastic apple-pickers can pick in less than 15 minutes?  On Monday, September 10, Jack and I took Elizabeth to her first jazz class of the year (we actually bought her jazz shoes the following Saturday)…On Tuesday evening, I went to Curriculum Night at school to meet with Jack’s teacher, Mrs. Train, while Elizabeth and Jack had dinner with Miss Kelly and Dennis.  And, on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, Jack and I took Elizabeth to cheering practice.  Our week got even busier when Elizabeth started ballet again on Saturday, September 15.  I also went to another Curriculum Night at school on Thursday, September 20, to meet with Elizabeth's teacher, Miss Frederick.  Jack came with me (we dropped Elizabeth off at cheering practice before heading over to the school) and sat in her cubby playing his DSi and then played out in the hallway with some older boys while the teacher talked to the parents. 









 

 


 
 

I’m plain tired just thinking about what we've done in the last few weeks!  Elizabeth now has jazz on Monday, cheering on Wednesday and Thursday, and ballet on Saturday.  She also has Brownies twice a month after school.  Right now, Jack only has football on Saturday mornings--that'll be over in October, after which he wants to start karate.  I think I need a vacation.

No comments: