Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jack's big day


Jack got off the bus with a huge smile and ran over to me, shouting, "I didn't go to the principal's office!"  :)  Between the two of them, Elizabeth and Jack filled me in on his day:  going to school, he sat with Elizabeth and her girlfriend, Sophia, and, on the way to school, he started to cry.  When I asked him why he cried, he told me it was because he missed Gavin.  (Gavin is Jack's best friend, and although he doesn't start kindergarten until next year, he came to the bus stop this morning to watch Jack catch the bus).  I'm not so sure that that was why he cried, but thankfully the tears stopped before he arrived at school.   Elizabeth walked him to class before going to hers.  He didn't really talk much about what he did at school, but he did tell me that he had one outside and one indoor recess (it rained this afternoon), and that he didn't take a nap at rest-time (which was confirmed when I peeked in the living room before dinner this evening to see that he'd fallen asleep sitting up).  When I asked him what was the best part of his day?, he replied,  "Playing with Legos!" 

No comments: