(Why me?) I let the puppy outside about 20 minutes ago. He disappeared for a few minutes, and when he re-appeared at the door I opened it to let him in. And then I smelled it. Skunk. Ugh. Double ugh. As bad as I feel, I can only imagine how Duncan feels right about now. I put him in the tub immediately and bathed him using Elizabeth's baby shampoo (no tears!). He got off relatively lightly, I think--only his head smells. Last year, Baxter got "stunked," as Elizabeth said. I bathed him in a solution made up of 1 quart peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon liquid soap--I found the recipe on the internet. It works surprisingly well. I'll try it on Duncan tomorrow. Tonight, he will be confined to his crate...
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Ugh.
(Why me?) I let the puppy outside about 20 minutes ago. He disappeared for a few minutes, and when he re-appeared at the door I opened it to let him in. And then I smelled it. Skunk. Ugh. Double ugh. As bad as I feel, I can only imagine how Duncan feels right about now. I put him in the tub immediately and bathed him using Elizabeth's baby shampoo (no tears!). He got off relatively lightly, I think--only his head smells. Last year, Baxter got "stunked," as Elizabeth said. I bathed him in a solution made up of 1 quart peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon liquid soap--I found the recipe on the internet. It works surprisingly well. I'll try it on Duncan tomorrow. Tonight, he will be confined to his crate...
No comments:
Post a Comment