I've been sick (I think I had the flu) since last weekend but am now feeling much better. I'd had great plans to spend Sunday with friends but canceled that morning because I just felt awful. I even called in reinforcements on Sunday afternoon (my parents drove down from their house, which is two hours away from mine, later that night). They were wonderful--all three of us were completely spoiled--but they left for home today. A quick story: My father picked Elizabeth up from school yesterday and brought her home (oops! I had her booster seat in my car...bad Mommy!), so she was there when I got home later that afternoon from my first day back at work this week. When I walked in the door, she asked, "How do you feel, Mommy?" I smiled and said, "Much better now, thank you!" She then leaned in to me, held up one hand with her thumb and forefinger a fraction of an inch apart, and whispered, " Could you be just a little bit sick for a couple more days, so Nanny and Papa would stay just a little longer?" So sweet!
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Thursday, October 1, 2009
I'm back
I've been sick (I think I had the flu) since last weekend but am now feeling much better. I'd had great plans to spend Sunday with friends but canceled that morning because I just felt awful. I even called in reinforcements on Sunday afternoon (my parents drove down from their house, which is two hours away from mine, later that night). They were wonderful--all three of us were completely spoiled--but they left for home today. A quick story: My father picked Elizabeth up from school yesterday and brought her home (oops! I had her booster seat in my car...bad Mommy!), so she was there when I got home later that afternoon from my first day back at work this week. When I walked in the door, she asked, "How do you feel, Mommy?" I smiled and said, "Much better now, thank you!" She then leaned in to me, held up one hand with her thumb and forefinger a fraction of an inch apart, and whispered, " Could you be just a little bit sick for a couple more days, so Nanny and Papa would stay just a little longer?" So sweet!
1 comment:
Glad you are feeling better. Great pics. I am jealous that fall has arrived.
Post a Comment