I learned that my second post-placement report--you know, the one that was due in November, 2009--was not sent by my homestudy agency to CCAI until late last week. They were very apologetic about it, but still...Consequently, I emailed CCAI a bunch of photos of Jack today. Hard to believe--what are the odds?--but he was adorable in each and every one of them. The only thing that I forgot was to add a photo of the two of us, so I handed my camera to Elizabeth this evening and asked her to snap away. She's a great little photographer. Jack looks cute in every single one. Me? Not so much. Here are two that I could live with. I'll send them in tomorrow.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Thursday, August 12, 2010
finally!
I learned that my second post-placement report--you know, the one that was due in November, 2009--was not sent by my homestudy agency to CCAI until late last week. They were very apologetic about it, but still...Consequently, I emailed CCAI a bunch of photos of Jack today. Hard to believe--what are the odds?--but he was adorable in each and every one of them. The only thing that I forgot was to add a photo of the two of us, so I handed my camera to Elizabeth this evening and asked her to snap away. She's a great little photographer. Jack looks cute in every single one. Me? Not so much. Here are two that I could live with. I'll send them in tomorrow.
3 comments:
We sent off our final post placement report last May. Hard to believe, through 2 adoptions and 6 post placement reports, we've had the same SW.
So glad the second report made it!
Shouldn't your #rd already have gone too?
No, Heather--this was the second and final report. The agency that I used for Elizabeth's adoption, Adoptions Together, required reports at 1 month, 6 months, and 12 months. Harrah's AIM only required that I complete 6- and 12-months reports. I think the CCAA only requires two post-placement reports and that AT was ahead of its time in requiring that one be done soon after coming home. I think that's what will soon be required of everyone adopting from China.
How funny, we had, with both adoptions, to send reports at 3, 6 and 12 months. Acer's 12 months turned into the initial visit for Calliandra's home study. I wonder at the differences.
Post a Comment