Saturday, August 7, 2010

I feel a bit silly





but I'm feeling a little sad--we took our sofa and chair to the dump today. Originally mossy-green in color, it was re-upholstered (at the Maine Correctional Facility, believe it or not!) in white fabric in the days before I had kids and was beautiful. It was still in good shape, if you didn't count the apple juice and crayon stains. It's the end of an era, you could say. We've replaced them with leather--a sectional in the living room and a sofa and chair in the playroom downstairs. Much more practical for this (two kids, two dogs, one cat, and a Mom) family. Here are some pictures from today. After our trip to the dump, Nanny and Papa, the kids, and I had a picnic at Portland Head Light, stopped at the store, and played at two new playgrounds. I'm looking forward to bed tonight and to tomorrow--we're going to see Slugger and the Sea Dogs! (Can you believe it? Two years ago today, I saw Jack's sweet face for the very first time).

No comments: