| the "over-under" event |
| tug o' war |
Monday, June 6, 2011: I took the day off from work to go to Elizabeth's school for Field Day. The kids wore matching tie-dyed shirts, which made it easy to spot her class on the field. Elizabeth ran the first leg of a relay race, which I missed entirely (I didn't realize it was a relay race, so I stood near the finish line to get the perfect picture. Oh, well). Her favorite event was something called "over-under" (sort of like leap frog). She also did other group events: tug o' war, a relay race where the kids had to put on sunglasses/beach towel/beach bag/floppy hat and carry a beach ball, run around a cone, and race back to take everything off so that the next person in line could do the same thing; and a classroom event involving standing in a circle holding hands and moving hula hoops around the circle without letting go of your neighbor's hand. For the final event, each class pulled their teacher across the field on a sled (Elizabeth's teacher opted to let one child's father take her place, which I thought was a brilliant idea after watching how fast that sled flew across the grass!). As you can see, Elizabeth had a blast! So glad I went!
No comments:
Post a Comment