Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day photos






Nanny, Papa, Jack, and I watched Elizabeth and her Brownie troop march in Cumberland's Memorial Day parade.  We stood next to a very nice lady and her Westie, and Jack struck up a conversation with her.  She asked him how old he was and whether he was going to kindergarten in September.  His reply?  Yes, but I have to have "gradulation" first.  :)
The Brownies in Elizabeth's troop were asked to bring some fresh flowers from home (Elizabeth brought some bearded iris picked from our flower garden), and they left them on some of the graves in the cemetery at the end of the parade route.  She asked Jack if he wanted a piggyback ride back to the car, and he said yes.  All was well until I lifted him onto her shoulders instead of onto her back...oh, my!  The tears just rolled down his cheeks.  My Bad Mommy moment:  I took a picture before  helping him down...

No comments: