Before heading up to the grandparents' this afternoon, we had brunch at one of the chain restaurants in Windham. While waiting to be seated, I looked over and saw Jack, holding the payphone receiver up to his ear. He appeared to be listening intently. I thought he was pretending to talk on the phone. Silly me. A few minutes later, a uniformed police officer walked in the door. He stopped to chat with the kids and me (I know him through work) and then asked the hostess if everything was ok? Apparently, someone had called 9-1-1 from the restaurant lobby moments before. Gulp. Another teachable moment...The first thing Jack did when we arrived at Nanny and Papa's was to ride his ATV for a little bit. Look at that grin! Elizabeth immediately wanted to go canoeing, so the kids and I went out with Papa for an hour or so before dinner. This is her new "favorite thing to do."
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Sunday, July 29, 2012
our Sunday
Before heading up to the grandparents' this afternoon, we had brunch at one of the chain restaurants in Windham. While waiting to be seated, I looked over and saw Jack, holding the payphone receiver up to his ear. He appeared to be listening intently. I thought he was pretending to talk on the phone. Silly me. A few minutes later, a uniformed police officer walked in the door. He stopped to chat with the kids and me (I know him through work) and then asked the hostess if everything was ok? Apparently, someone had called 9-1-1 from the restaurant lobby moments before. Gulp. Another teachable moment...The first thing Jack did when we arrived at Nanny and Papa's was to ride his ATV for a little bit. Look at that grin! Elizabeth immediately wanted to go canoeing, so the kids and I went out with Papa for an hour or so before dinner. This is her new "favorite thing to do."
No comments:
Post a Comment