
I received an email from Erin at Harrah's: "Please give me a call. I have news." I immediately called and learned that I had received my Letter of Acceptance! She will overnight it to me for my signature, and I will receive it tomorrow! Wow! I'd actually expected it to arrive at the end of September--this is such great news! Now, I wait for Travel Approval. Once I have that, Harrah's can make the appointment at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, and I can make my flight arrangements. I will have to go back and check old posts, but it seems like I may travel at exactly the same time as I traveled when adopting Elizabeth in 2005 (October 17-November 3). Wouldn't that be amazing?
One final cool thing: I particiapted in rising the Grand Jury today (I'm as Assistant D.A.) and while waiting for the Judge to come into the courtroom talked with one of the Grand Jurors. He told me that he had just come back from China on a business trip. I asked, Where in China did you go?, never expecting his reply. He said, Shenzhen and Dongguan! I kid you not! He works for L.L. Bean and was on a buying trip. It really is a small world!
One final cool thing: I particiapted in rising the Grand Jury today (I'm as Assistant D.A.) and while waiting for the Judge to come into the courtroom talked with one of the Grand Jurors. He told me that he had just come back from China on a business trip. I asked, Where in China did you go?, never expecting his reply. He said, Shenzhen and Dongguan! I kid you not! He works for L.L. Bean and was on a buying trip. It really is a small world!
1 comment:
What great news!!!! Soon you will be huggin; on your sweet boy!
Post a Comment