Sunday, April 26, 2009

they're home!


Woo hoo! Elizabeth and Jack came home on Friday! Nanny taught Jack something new this week: when you ask him, Who's a dirty boy? in a teasing voice, he loudly responds, Jack!, while pointing to himself and grinning ear to ear--so cute! On Saturday morning, I took Elizabeth to ballet. I was SO PROUD of her: she stayed in the dance studio for the entire class and danced while I read a magazine in the waiting area. This was a first! You see, Elizabeth has always had a very hard time separating from me, so much so that one of the other mothers at Chinese school once asked me if I was a SAHM and if Elizabeth was homeschooled. During previous ballet classes, I had to stay in the dance studio and watch just so that she would actually dance. Not only was I proud of her, but more importantly, she was, too. After ballet, we went to see the Kora Temple Shrine Circus in Augusta--Elizabeth's second circus, Jack's first. I know all of us (grandparents, kids, and I) had a good time. Jack tasted his first soda there, which he LOVED, and Elizabeth had pink cotton candy (I know--bad Mommy). Is there any nutritional value in soda or cotton candy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, there is absolutely NO nutritional value in those. Ice cream, on the other hand, is very good for the soul, I hear.

Guess who? Toot's is open!