Yesterday (Friday) was Elizabeth's last day of school. Kindergarten is over, and she is now a first-grader! Wow! To celebrate, after morning prayer, Mom and Dad took her to Funtown, a local amusement park. This was her first visit and, if yesterday is any indication, we'll be back. She had a wonderful time, especially so as many of her school friends were there as well. The park discounted admission tickets for students from her school, so she saw a lot of familiar faces and ended up going on many of the rides with her friends. I'm so sorry that I couldn't go--work just gets in the way sometimes...I must say, it was very strange, driving into work and then home again yesterday without Elizabeth. I really, really missed her. I know she enjoyed our time alone together as well, but she is looking forward to next year, when she'll take the school bus with the big kids--she's pretty excited about that!
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Saturday, June 12, 2010
last day of school
Yesterday (Friday) was Elizabeth's last day of school. Kindergarten is over, and she is now a first-grader! Wow! To celebrate, after morning prayer, Mom and Dad took her to Funtown, a local amusement park. This was her first visit and, if yesterday is any indication, we'll be back. She had a wonderful time, especially so as many of her school friends were there as well. The park discounted admission tickets for students from her school, so she saw a lot of familiar faces and ended up going on many of the rides with her friends. I'm so sorry that I couldn't go--work just gets in the way sometimes...I must say, it was very strange, driving into work and then home again yesterday without Elizabeth. I really, really missed her. I know she enjoyed our time alone together as well, but she is looking forward to next year, when she'll take the school bus with the big kids--she's pretty excited about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment