Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Day in Beijing

Jack and Elizabeth's elementary school celebrated all things Chinese today.  They were asked to wear red, so Jack wore one of his favorite fleece pullovers.  Elizabeth decided to wear one of her Chinese dresses:
Both of them brought their Chinese passports to school to share with their classes, as well as some yuan that I had saved from Jack's adoption trip.  Jack also brought in the blue silk outfit that he wore when he was a baby.  They made Chinese lanterns out of construction paper and other crafts, and school lunch that day included chicken stirfry, egg rolls, teriyaki chicken wings, fried rice, and a fortune cookie.  Elizabeth did not like the chicken wings...Jack's class also watched Big Bird in China (I just love that movie).  I think they were both very proud to be Chinese today!
*Today is my parents' 60th anniversary.  All I can say is, Wow!



No comments: