Let's see...Elizabeth had ballet at 9:30 am, followed by jazz/tap at 10:30 am, in Falmouth. We left dance school at 11:30 am and rushed over to a fundraiser for the Gray Auxiliary. There were trucks and vehicles of all kinds to climb in and to explore, plus face-painting, too. Then we rushed to Westbrook for Elizabeth's gymnastics class, which began at 1:15pm. When that ended at 2:30 pm., we drove to the local animal shelter (also in Westbrook) to drop off a bag of cat food and to look at all of the animals there. The kids (and I) wanted to bring so many of them home with us...We finished up the day in Portland with fast food (because I was tired!) and playing on the indoor playground there. Jack has reached another milestone, which Elizabeth excitedly pointed out to me: "Mom, I don't have to lift him up to climb anymore!" He is getting taller--it isn't just my imagination! A few things that I want to mention: Elizabeth's ballet and jazz/tap classes are at the same school that she went to for dance camp this past summer. She hesitated a bit about going into the dance studio for her ballet class, so I pushed her through the door (we're working on separation!), but she went right into her jazz/tap class without a backward glance. I also told her when we registered that she doesn't have to dance in the recital if she doesn't want to--the only way she would agree to do dance. I don't get it--she just loves to perform for me at home. May is a long way away--hopefully, she'll change her mind by then! There are only about 10 girls in each dance class--must be because the school also offers the same classes after school during the week. As for gymnastics, she is one of only four girls in class this time, so she'll get lots of individual attention. Jack was really good all day, too--he occupied himself while waiting for Elizabeth by playing in the playroom at the dance school and by reading three books that I'd brought from home with me. I did do my fair share of chasing him around, though, too--he is an active little guy! He just loved the race car and all of the big trucks. I love the picture of him touching the race car tire...all boy! We'll have to watch NASCAR next, I fear...
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief
Sunday, September 19, 2010
what a day we had!
Let's see...Elizabeth had ballet at 9:30 am, followed by jazz/tap at 10:30 am, in Falmouth. We left dance school at 11:30 am and rushed over to a fundraiser for the Gray Auxiliary. There were trucks and vehicles of all kinds to climb in and to explore, plus face-painting, too. Then we rushed to Westbrook for Elizabeth's gymnastics class, which began at 1:15pm. When that ended at 2:30 pm., we drove to the local animal shelter (also in Westbrook) to drop off a bag of cat food and to look at all of the animals there. The kids (and I) wanted to bring so many of them home with us...We finished up the day in Portland with fast food (because I was tired!) and playing on the indoor playground there. Jack has reached another milestone, which Elizabeth excitedly pointed out to me: "Mom, I don't have to lift him up to climb anymore!" He is getting taller--it isn't just my imagination! A few things that I want to mention: Elizabeth's ballet and jazz/tap classes are at the same school that she went to for dance camp this past summer. She hesitated a bit about going into the dance studio for her ballet class, so I pushed her through the door (we're working on separation!), but she went right into her jazz/tap class without a backward glance. I also told her when we registered that she doesn't have to dance in the recital if she doesn't want to--the only way she would agree to do dance. I don't get it--she just loves to perform for me at home. May is a long way away--hopefully, she'll change her mind by then! There are only about 10 girls in each dance class--must be because the school also offers the same classes after school during the week. As for gymnastics, she is one of only four girls in class this time, so she'll get lots of individual attention. Jack was really good all day, too--he occupied himself while waiting for Elizabeth by playing in the playroom at the dance school and by reading three books that I'd brought from home with me. I did do my fair share of chasing him around, though, too--he is an active little guy! He just loved the race car and all of the big trucks. I love the picture of him touching the race car tire...all boy! We'll have to watch NASCAR next, I fear...
No comments:
Post a Comment