Elizabeth lost another tooth on St. Patrick's Day--at the dentist's! It was quite loose but she was afraid to pull it out herself. Dr. Susan helped a bit with something she called a "popper," which she used to literally pop the tooth right out. Elizabeth's reaction? "Wow!"
It was almost 70 degrees on Friday, snowed Saturday morning, and then warmed up enough on Sunday for the kids to take off their shoes and socks while playing in the backyard (qualified to add, see the snow on the ground in the pictures? the kids thought it was warm enough; I did not but let them anyway). If that wasn't enough, it snowed again yesterday, and is still snowing this morning as I type this. I can't wait for spring!
Elizabeth stayed home from school yesterday and will have to do the same today because she has a fever and cough that won't go away--it's the same thing we all had last month. Fingers crossed that Jack and I don't catch it again...Elizabeth ended up going to work yesterday morning with me because I had to be in court and had to do emergency intake as well (preparing charging documents for people arrested over the weekend who were coming to court on Monday)--things I was assigned to cover and didn't want to foist off onto someone else. She was very good in court--while she waited, she played Hangman with me and with another attorney to pass the time. She's got a temp again this morning, so I'll take her to the dr's and (unfortunately for her) to work this afternoon because I have to be in court to do a plea in another case. We can leave when that's done. Ah, the life of a single mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment