Wednesday, March 30, 2011

parent-teacher conference today

I asked Elizabeth last night, "What do you think Mrs. Cory and Mrs. O' will say when I talk to them tomorrow?"  She replied matter-of-factly, "I talk in class," while jumping up and down on my bed.  Oh, my goodness.  I always thought that I had such an obedient child--now I think I'm raising a bit of a rebel!...Both teachers only had great things to say about Elizabeth today--I couldn't be prouder!  Her math teacher, Mrs. O',  told me that on a recent assessment Elizabeth answered 25/25 questions correctly and finished well within the allotted time.  (Math is one of her favorote subjects at school).  Mrs. Cory showed me some of Elizabeth's writing work, including one poem she wrote about her cat and another one she wrote about me (it described me as having "gasses."  I sure hope she meant to write "glasses"...).  I mentioned to Mrs. Cory that I thought Elizabeth really liked a boy in her class named Ben because she talks about him all the time ("He's so funny, Mom!").  She laughed and agreed with me.  Her first crush!  Oh, and as for her talking in class?  I asked Mrs. Cory about that.  She told me that Elizabeth talks no more and no less than every other child in class.  Phew!

When we got home this evening, Elizabeth helped me take the training wheels off her bike.  She then practiced balancing on her bike while rolling up and down the driveway.  She'll be pedaling away in no time, I'm sure.

No comments: