Monday, October 17, 2011

catching up

Let's see...on Friday, Elizabeth participated in a cheering camp, led by the high school cheerleaders.  She had a blast!  The girls put on a little show at the end for us to see what they'd learned--I didn't bring my camera, so no photos.  Jack, being Jack, wouldn't sit still and fell head-first on the gym floor before the show, scraping his chin.  He's such a boy.  On our way out, I ran into Sheri W.--I met her and her family when I was in Guangzhou with Elizabeth.  It turns out that her daughter, Meg, did the cheering clinic, too.  I told Sheri about Elizabeth's cheering team, and I think she might sign Meg up.  Just another red thread (we met in Guangzhou; the girls took swimming lessons together last year; we bought their swimming pool this year; and now cheering).  Elizabeth enjoyed herself so much at the clinic that she just had to show me some of the cheers she'd learned when we got home--so cute!






On Saturday, Elizabeth went to dance; we had lunch; and after doing some shopping, we ended our afternoon at (what else?) a playground. 









On Sunday, we carved our Halloween pumpkins in the morning.  Jack enjoyed it just as much as last year (read:  not so much), and I ended up carving his myself.  Elizabeth, on the other hand, loved it.  All I did was to draw the circle on the top to carve the lid; she drew the eyes, nose, and mouth, and she carved the pumpkin all by herself!

Jack, standing on the cattle pound





Sunday afternoon, we climbed Bradbury Mountain (or, as Jack calls it, Blueberry Mountain) in nearby Pownal.  Duncan came, too, and was a very good boy.  Despite the muddy trail, we made it all the way to the summit! 

No comments: