Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Six Banyan Temple














Today, we went by taxi with XiXi to visit the Six Banyan Temple, a Buddhist temple. While there, Jack was blessed by a Buddhist monk in a simple ceremony. I burned some sandalwood incense as well. We also watched as some monks blessed some fish and caged sparrows, which apparently were spared from death by virtue of this blessing and will be later released. At least, that's what XiXi said...Isn't Jack a cutie in his Patriots outfit and baseball cap? (I just love a guy in a baseball cap!) He's beginning to show a little more of his personality, and he's moving around a bit more. He's also babbling just a little bit, but only while we are in our hotel room. I have to keep reminding myself that this (his coming to Guangzhou and meeting me) is the first time that he has been away from the orphanage--everything must be quite overwhelming for him right now. Anyway, enjoy the photos--more later this evening. we leave to go to the police station at 3 pm...

6 comments:

Godfather said...

Congratulations on Jack. He looks georgeous!

I'm from Australia. My hubby and I are looking to adopt again but this time a special needs child.

We're at the stage of being assessed from a second adoption.

Best of luck!

Jenny

Eli said...

Muchísimas felicidades!

Jack es un niño muy guapo, más guapo aún cuando sonríe

Soy muy feliz por tí!

Besos,
Eli desde Madrid (Spain)

Kelly said...

Deb,

Jack is so cute!!! I can't wait to meet him.
Elizabeth and I tired to leave a message yesterday. I don't know if it went through or not. She was saying she loves you and misses you.
I will try to look at this every day. Also some of the parents have asked me if I could send them your link so they could see Jack also.

Hope all is well.
Elizabeth has been awesome here.
Keep your fingers cross that is continues.

Take care

Kelly

Amy said...

What a cute baby! I am so glad things are going smoothly and I love seeing all the pictures of Jack. He looks like a happy boy.
: ) Amy Smith

Gretchen & Craig said...

Yeah! I'm so happy to see Jack with his Mommy! It warms my heart to see that he seems to be adjusting so well! Congratulations!!!!!

chrisijill said...

Congratulations. I am on the SAC group and saw your blog there. We went to the Six Banyan Temple. Were you in Wuhan?

christy