Tuesday, November 4, 2008

so much to do...


As I write this post, it is 4 am and I cannot sleep--there is still much to do before I leave. Later today, I will order a Panda phone; write my will (I know, kind of depressing to think about, but it is the responsible thing to do); copy all of my paperwork to take to China; and overnight payment to my agency. Oh, and vote, too!!! Yesterday, I made appointments for Elizabeth and Jack with the pediatrician and asked that she write a prescription for amoxicillin for me to take to China in case Jack gets sick, so I also have to pick that up at the pharmacy. So, slowly but surely...I haven't posted any pictures from trick-or-treating yet, so here they are. On Halloween, Elizabeth and I stopped at Sara's house and then trick-or-treated up and down her street. We then went back to Dennis and Kelly's for homemade donuts and apple cider (yummy!). We went to Chinese school on Saturday morning and had lunch in Freeport at (our new favorite restaurant) China Rose. And, on Sunday, we celebrated Elizabeth's birthday with a party at Clay Play. We had a princess cake and ice cream after all of the children painted ceramic figurines. She totally surprised me when she chose to paint a ceramic car. She later told me that she will give it to her di di (awwwwwww!). The ceramics will be fired this week, and I then will pick up the finished products and deliver them to all of the kids who attended. (Just one more thing to do before I leave...).

No comments: